Monday July 09, 2012
Baby Artichokes in Sauted in Garlic, Lemon Wine Sauce served over Spaghetti
Baby Artichokes in Garlic, Lemon Wine Sauce served over Spaghetti
- 8 baby artichokes, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- Grated fresh, Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: Fresh parsley, chopped
- Remove outer layers of artichoke leaves until the white inner leaves are reached. Trim stem to length of 1/4"
- Trim the tip of the artichoke cutting about 1/4" from the top; cut the artichokes in half lengthwise
- Place artichoke halves in a bowl and coat with the flour, salt and black pepper
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, sauté for 3-4 minutes until garlic is softened.
- Add the artichokes and sauté for about five (5) minutes. Stir in the rosemary and the lemon juice and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium, add wine, salt and fresh black pepper to taste and cover, simmering for 15 minutes.
- While artichokes are simmering, cook pasta as per directions on box.
- Test artichokes, they should be tender. You can still remove outer leaves that are not tender. Remove artichokes from pan and set aside, covered.
- Remove artichoke bits if any are left in the skillet. Add olive oil and garlic and a dash of salt and pepper, cooking until garlic is softened. (do not burn garlic)
- Drain pasta and add to the skillet. coat with garlic olive oil.
- Place pasta in a large serving bowl and mix well to evenly coat pasta. Top with artichokes, Add grated Parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Option: Add a pinch of red pepper flakes. Serve with white wine. Enjoy!