Thursday February 03, 2011
The ABC Burger: Avocado Bacon and Chipotle
I had a hankering for a burger and wanted to create something different. Meet the ABC Burger; a quarter pound of organic lean beef, pan seared to perfection (my preference is medium rare). The bottom bun is slathered with chipotle sauce, topped with baby arugula and the burger (with our without cheese). The burger is then topped with alternate slices of avocado and bacon and a little more chipotle sauce. On top of that, a juicy slice of tomato. Cap this with the top bun that was slathered with a hot salsa sauce. Soooo good, I couldn't wait to take a bit as witnessed in this shot! : )The ABC Burger
: Avocado, Bacon and Chipotle
- 2 lbs of lean Ground Beef
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- (optional) Pepper Jack cheese slices
- 8 strips of bacon (2 per burger)
- 1 avocados (cut in slices - 1/4 avocado per burger)
- 4 large tomato slices
- baby arugula
- Medium or Hot Salsa Sauce (your favorite brand) - I like Rosa's Mexicana Tomato Chipotle Sauce
- Chipotle Sauce - I like this one from Terrapin Ridge Farms
- 4 hard-rolls (ie: portuguese rolls), toasted
- Place the ground beef in a bowl, add salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Gently mix together until well blended, and shape into 4 beef patties.
- In a large skillet cook the bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels, and set aside.
- In the same hot skillet, using the bacon grease, cook the 4 burgers to your liking.
- If you are using cheese, top the burgers with cheese slices, cover the skillet and cook until the cheese melts.
- Lightly toast your Burger buns
- Place the bottom burger bun on a plate. Add 1 teaspoon of Chipotle sauce. Top with baby arugula
- Place the burger on top of the greens
- Add alternate bacon and avocado slices (side by side on top of the burger)
- Add a bit more Chipotle Sauce
- Top with one large tomato slice
- Add 1 tablespoon of salsa on the top burger bun, pressing in so bun absorbs; and place over the ABC Burger
- With both hands lift the luscious burger and dig in! Its a meal in itself.
- Pair with your favorite beer or red wine.
Posted by terry dagrosa at 11:11AM on February 03 in BBQ & grilling
, main dishes: beef