Thursday February 03, 2011
The ABC Burger: Avocado Bacon and Chipotle
The ABC Burger: Avocado, Bacon and Chipotle
- 2 lbs of lean Ground Beef
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- (optional) Pepper Jack cheese slices
- 8 strips of bacon (2 per burger)
- 1 avocados (cut in slices - 1/4 avocado per burger)
- 4 large tomato slices
- baby arugula
- Medium or Hot Salsa Sauce (your favorite brand) - I like Rosa's Mexicana Tomato Chipotle Sauce
- Chipotle Sauce - I like this one from Terrapin Ridge Farms
- 4 hard-rolls (ie: portuguese rolls), toasted
- Place the ground beef in a bowl, add salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Gently mix together until well blended, and shape into 4 beef patties.
- In a large skillet cook the bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels, and set aside.
- In the same hot skillet, using the bacon grease, cook the 4 burgers to your liking.
- If you are using cheese, top the burgers with cheese slices, cover the skillet and cook until the cheese melts.
- Lightly toast your Burger buns
- Place the bottom burger bun on a plate. Add 1 teaspoon of Chipotle sauce. Top with baby arugula
- Place the burger on top of the greens
- Add alternate bacon and avocado slices (side by side on top of the burger)
- Add a bit more Chipotle Sauce
- Top with one large tomato slice
- Add 1 tablespoon of salsa on the top burger bun, pressing in so bun absorbs; and place over the ABC Burger
- With both hands lift the luscious burger and dig in! Its a meal in itself.
- Pair with your favorite beer or red wine.