Tuesday October 12, 2010
Truly Seductive Kobe Beef Dumplings
Kobe Beef Dumplings
Recipe Courtesy of MarxFoods
Ingredients: (Makes 4 servings)
- 8oz Kobe Beef (sirloin, tenderloin, skirt or hanger)
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 8 Wonton Wrappers
- 1 Egg, whisked with a little water
- 2-3 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- Canola oil for pan frying
1. Finely chop the kobe beef.
2. Heat some oil in a frying pan, add the beef, sauté until browned.
3. Remove beef, drain excess oil.
4. De-glaze with the vinegar, add the sugar and thyme almost immediately.
5. Toss the beef in the sauce. Let the mixture cool.
6. Lay out each wonton wrapper and fill the middles with a teaspoon of the filling.
7. Moisten the still exposed portions of the wrapper with the egg wash. Gather the corners up and gently press them together to create bundles.
8. Dust the dumplings in a little flour.
9. Get a quarter inch of oil hot in a frying pan, until it starts to bubble when you touch it with the corner of a dumpling.
10. Carefully lay three to four dumplings in the pan, taking care not to overcrowd the oil. Fry them on each side until golden brown and crispy.
11. Serve with low salt soy sauce, with your favorite Asian dipping sauce or in a bowl of pureed soup.