Monday June 14, 2010
Tuscan White Bean Salad and Grilled Lamb Chops
Tuscan White Beans, Fresh Peas, and Roasted Tomato and Grilled Lamb Chops
Serves 4 - 6.
Tuscan White Beans
Prepare on day/night before - as the beans need to soak for many hours (read package for instructions)
- 1 pound dried Tuscan White Beans
- 6 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- Sort through the beans picking out any pebbles (yes pebbles!), rinse, drain and then place in a large saucepan. Add cold water to cover by several inches and leave to soak overnight.
- Drain the beans and return to the saucepan.
- Add the 6 cups of cold water, 1/4 cup of olive oil, and garlic. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the beans are just tender but not falling apart (45 minutes to 1 hour.)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups raw shelled peas
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the peas and sauté for about 4 minutes until tender
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Set Aside
- 6 Roma Tomatoes
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon splash of Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbs olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Line a cookie sheet or pan with foil and spray with a non-stick spray.
- Slice the tomatoes in half vertically and remove the seeds with your fingers.
- Place the tomatoes, flesh side up on the cookie sheet.
- Mix Oil and vinegar together. Drizzle over tomatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 2 hours.
Plating the Dish
- Salad Dressing: Whisk together 5 tbsp olive oil; 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar; 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard, 1 small clove garlic crushed; freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix one cup of beans for each person you are serving (at least 2 cups) and the peas
- Place the Tuscan Bean Salad on a plate
- Add 2-3 roasted tomatoes to the plate and add a small handful of micro greens
- Add salad dressing over the beans, peas and micro greens
- Place 1 or 2 lamb chops on the plate
- Using a potato peeler, Top with 3-4 ultra thin slices of fresh Parmesan cheese