Thursday January 07, 2010
seductive chocolate, hazelnut, and banana tartlets
Chocolate, Hazelnut, and Banana Tartlets
Recipe courtesy of Mary Ann Esposito, Serves 4
- 1 sheet prepared puff pastry
- 1 cup Nutella
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 banana, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Roll out the sheet of puff pastry onto a clean work surface and into a 12 X 14-inch rectangle; cut out four 6-inch circles from the rolled dough. Press and line each of the circles into four individual 3-inch tartlet pans with removable bottoms.
- Place the tartlet pans on a baking sheet and poke each shell with a fork all over the surface to prevent puffing while baking. Bake the tartlet shells for 7 to 8 minutes, or until they are nicely browned.
- Remove the tartlet pans from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl use a hand mixer to whip the Nutella and mascarpone together with the sugar until well blended.
- Place a layer of banana slices in the bottom of each cooled tartlet shell, then spoon the Nutella mixture into the shells. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.