Each bite is filled with luscious crab meat and an array of simple flavors. Fans love the fact that they are not deep fried or overly filled with bread crumbs. And the spicy remoulade is the special ingredient that makes this treat disappear in no time at all. I am re-posting this recipe so you can try and enjoy the Best Crab Cakes EVER!!. I'd love to hear what you think
Crab Cakes & Spicy Remoulade
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped scallions
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions for garnish
Combine all ingredients and chill for 1 hour. Serve on top of each crab cake.
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle sauce, or any hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 6-oz cans crab meat, drained (be sure to pick out any shells)
- 1 cup dry, unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of frozen corn kernels
- 1/3 cup diced roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 tablespoon water, if needed
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, egg, pepper sauce and cumin. Add the crab meat (break up any lumps), bread crumbs and roasted peppers. Mix well. If the mixture is dry add 1tablespoon of water to moisten allowing all ingredients to stick together. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. This may be prepared up to 24 hours in advance.
Divide the crab mixture into equal bite sized patties, about 1" wide, for appetizer portions (about 25 - 30), or larger patties for entree portions (about 6-8). Each patty should be 1 inch thick. Preheat lightly greased skillet or griddle (use a light coat of olive oil). Cook for about 10-15 minutes turning every 4-5 minutes until golden brown. Serve right away with a dollop of the spicy remoulade.
Crab Cakes as a Main Dish - In a medium size bowl
combine 1 cup of mixed greens with your favorite dressing (I prefer a
lighter dressing like olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon juice, a dash of
balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper). Place 1/2 of the salad on the
center of each plate. Place 3 crab cakes over the mixed greens, one
overlapping the other so they slightly rise off the plate. Place a
dollop (2 tablespoons) of spicy remoulade in the center of each crab
cake and garnish with chopped scallions.