Sunday October 04, 2009
fresh raspberry pie
Fresh Raspberry Pie
Yield: 1 pie, 8 to 10 servings.
Crust & Filling
- 1 prebaked 9-inch pie shell, cooled
- 1 1/2 quarts fresh raspberries (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice OR 1/4 teaspoon lemon oil
- 1/2 cup water
- a few drops of red food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup Baker's Special sugar or granulated sugar*
- 1/3 cup Instant ClearJel® powder
- glazing sugar or confectioners' sugar
- whipped cream (optional)
- Mash 2 cups of the raspberries in a medium-sized bowl. Stir in the lemon juice or lemon oil, water, and food coloring (if you're using it).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar and Instant ClearJel®, then sprinkle this over the raspberry mixture; stir to combine.
- Fold about 3 cups of the remaining berries into the mashed berry mixture, reserving about 1 cup for the top of the pie.
- Spoon the berry mixture into the pie shell, and top with the reserved berries.
- Sprinkle with glazing or confectioners' sugar and garnish with whipped cream, if desired.