Wednesday July 22, 2009
pasta with sauteed mushrooms, sausage, and truffle butter
Pasta with Sauteed Porcini Mushrooms, Sausage, and Truffle Butter
Recipe courtesy of MarxFood.com
- 3-4oz fresh fettuccini per person (or whatever noodles or filled pasta you like)
- 3 links of Wild Boar Italian Sausage or Venison Sausage with Merlot & Blueberries
- ¼ lb Fresh Porcini Mushrooms (or your favorite wild mushrooms)
- 1 large garlic clove
- Freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano to top
- Bread crumbs to top.
- 2-3 sprigs of parsley
- 2 tbsp Black Truffle Butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Start a pot of salted water boiling for the pasta.
- Cut the porcinis into thin sticks. As we did in the photo, you can also reserve some whole porcinis, slice them thinly and gently sauté them in a separate pan for use in the final presentation on top.
- Finely dice the parsley and toss it with the bread crumbs, salt & pepper.
- Finely dice the garlic clove.
- Remove the sausage from its casing, crumble the meat, and sauté it with the garlic in an oiled frying pan.
- When the sausage has cooked, remove it from the pan and sauté the porcinis in the remaining fat.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Toss the hot pasta with the sausage, garlic, and porcini mushrooms.
- Plate and top with a dollop of truffle butter, the seasoned bread crumbs and freshly grated parmigiano reggiano.