Thursday May 28, 2009
adobe crusted lamb chops
Adobo Crusted Lamb Chops
Recipe from Chef Allen Susser, Chef Allen's (Aventura, Florida)
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Marinate time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons coriander seed
- 2 teaspoons cracked pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon each fresh thyme and rosemary leaves
- 8 American Lamb loin chops, 1-inch thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a dry skillet, toast fennel, cumin, coriander and pepper for a few minutes until aromatic; let cool and grind coarsely in a spice grinder or blender.
- Stir in salt, garlic, oregano and lime zest.
- Add the thyme and rosemary to the spice mixture.
- Rub both sides of each lamb chop with about a tablespoon of the spice mixture; cover and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat ovenproof large skillet over medium-high heat; add 2 tablespoons of oil, heating until it shimmers.
- Place lamb chops in hot pan and sear for 3 minutes; turn lamb to sear the second side for an additional 3 minutes.
- Place the pans into the 400ºF oven; bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until lamb is cooked to your liking.
Recipe and image provided by the American Lamb Board