Monday December 22, 2008
menu for hope
What's Menu For Hope? It's an annual fundraising campaign hosted by Chez Pim and food bloggers from around the world. "Five years ago, the devastating tsunami in Southeast Asia inspired me to find a way to help, and the very first Menu for Hope was born", says Pim Techamuanvivit. "The campaign has since become a yearly affair, raising funds to support worthy causes worldwide. In 2007, Menu for Hope raised nearly $100K to help the UN World Food Program feed the hungry."
Now in its fifth year, food bloggers from all over the world have join the campaign by offering an array of prizes for the Menu for Hope raffle. Anyone can buy raffle tickets to bid on these prizes. For every $10 donated, you earn one virtual raffle ticket to bid on a prize of your choice. At the end of the two-week campaign, the raffle tickets are drawn and the results announced on Chez Pim.
Last year's efforts raised nearly $100,000 through the online food community and that money went to supporting the school lunch and farming program for children in Lesotho. So find your inner philanthropist and check out the great array of prizes. I know this year is tough, but if you can find it in your heart to give $10, $20 or more, it will go to a really great cause; together we are doing what we can to help fight World hunger.
Here is the prize brought to you by Seduction Meals and The Baddish Group. The Hotel Costes CD Collection, a $230 value, to play during your next romantic soiree for two.
Prize Code UE41: The Hotel Costes CD Collection
Absolutely stunning 10 CD Anniversary box set featuring the complete Hotel Costes series pressed on gold discs and stored in a beautiful red velvet-like cloth-covered mini cabinet with ten drawers that hold each disc separately. Includes all the Hotel Costes classics from Pink Martini, Gotan Project, Shirley Bassey, Thievery Corporation, Yves Montant, Grace Jones, Rouge Rouge, Variety Lab, DJ Cam, De Phazz, Dublex Inc, Cesaria Evora, Femi Kuti, Slow Train, Louie Austen and many more!
Let's Get Started...
Visit these sites to review the prizes you want to bid on. Take down the code numbers and prize titles. Then go to Firstgiving.com to purchase tickets and apply the cost to your selected prizes. For detailed directions see below. Good luck!
Go to the Master List of Prizes to see all the prizes for bidding, or go to each regional host blog:
Europe *including* the UK
Sara of Ms.Adventures in Italy
US: West Coast
Matt Armendariz of Matt Bites
US: East Coast
Jaden Hair of Steamy Kitchen
In addition to Seduction Meals, check out all of the other great prizes from fellow East Coast Bloggers
How to Start Bidding for Prizes and Donate to this worthy cause.Asia Pacific, Australia, New Zealand
Ed Charles of Tomato.
Step 1: Select Your Prize(s)
- Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from our Menu for Hope at Chez Pim or any regional of the regional hosts listed above.
- Write down the prize code numbers and prize title
Step 2: Purchase Raffle Tickets
- Go to the donation site at FirstGiving.com and make a donation.
- Each $10 you donate will give you one virtual raffle ticket toward the prize(s) of your choice. Every $10 donation, gets you one entry. Bid on as many prizes as you like. If you really want a prize, increase your chances of winning by putting as many $10 tickets as you want towards it.
- Please specify which prize you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write how many $10 tickets per prize--please use the prize code.
- For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02. Please write 2xEU01, 3xEU02
- If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
- Note: Please allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone
Good luck. We all thank you for your generous support!