Monday August 18, 2008
caribbean lobster with rum butter dipping sauce
caribbean lobster with rum-jerk butter
recipe by Mount Gay® Rum
two to three 1-2 lb lobsters (or tails) halved and cleaned
1 tbsp melted butter
½ cup chopped onion
1 tbsp jerk seasoning
½ cup chopped sweet pepper
¼ cup Mount Gay Eclipse Rum
2-3 tbsp butter
¼ cup fresh lime juice
¼ cup chives and parsley chopped
½ cup tomato concasse* for garnish
* tomatoes that have been peeled, seeded (seeds and membranes removed), and diced in small chunks
1. Parboil the lobster until bright red, then put into a 300 F oven with a little melted butter until the sauce below is done.
2. Sauté onion, jerk seasoning and sweet pepper in remaining melted butter and cook until onion turns translucent.
3. Removing from heat pour in the rum and add butter stirring until it has melted evenly and turns creamy.
4. Add lime juice and herbs, stirring together
plating the dish
Take each lobster tail and cut in half keeping shell in place. Pull all lobster meat from the rest of the lobster. Keep the body shell for plating your dishes.
Place a bed of greens on each plate. Next place a hollowed lobster shell on each plate (as seen above) on top of the greens. Add lobster meat in a mound next to shell opening and place lobster tails on plate. Pour sauce over lobster and serve the rest in dipping bowls. Garnish with chopped tomato concasse.
You can add grilled asparagus to this meal --it will work well with the dipping rum butter sauce or served plain with some fresh squeezed lemon juice and a dash of sea salt.